Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Traveling Again

I will be absent from blogging for a few days. Unfortunately, I will have to endure some baseball games at Wrigely field in Chicago. :-)

My brother, Jack Hicks, is a radio engineer for the Washington Nationals. He makes sure the game is "aired." And it falls my lot to sit with him in the Press Box for the Friday and Saturday games this week. I think I will enjoy it.

Jen, Lacey and Ashley are also going with me. Lacey's birthday present is to see a friend she made while we were in Vienna, Austria for three months. They have recently moved to Chicago. And part of her birthday present is to visit the American Girl Store in Chicago--unfortunately, a potential tower of Babel to American consumerism. :-) But she has saved her money and she knows where she wants to spend it.

It is also the weekend of Chicago's "Venetian Nights" as well as the "Tasete of Chicago" where 100 eateries gather in Grant Park every night to feed visitors. One can taste almost any dish from around the world.

Shalom, and enjoy your holiday!

John Mark

2 Comments:

At 12:02 PM, Blogger JD said...

Sounds like an awesome trip. Be blessed.

 
At 1:03 AM, Blogger Steve said...

We did Chi town last summer. Wife and daughter did American Girl, while son and I took in a White Sox/Angels game. Navy Pier has a great children's museum.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home